* intel compilers
@ 2008-02-01  2:26 Gideon Simpson
From: Gideon Simpson @ 2008-02-01  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

has anyone tried building the GSL with the intel compilers?

-gideon

* Re: intel compilers
@ 2008-02-01  9:29 ` Brian Gladman
From: Brian Gladman @ 2008-02-01  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gsl-discuss

Gideon Simpson wrote:

> has anyone tried building the GSL with the intel compilers?

Yes, I have built GSL with the Intel compiler when it is integrated into
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.  Simply converting the Microsoft based
build project works in this case.

   best regards,

    Brian Gladman

* Re: intel compilers
@ 2008-02-01 13:04   ` Gideon Simpson
From: Gideon Simpson @ 2008-02-01 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gladman; +Cc: gsl-discuss

which version of the icc did you use?  I had to add to use the -no-
multibyte-chars flag to get it to work.  apparently this is a bug in
the compiler.
-gideon

On Feb 1, 2008, at 4:28 AM, Brian Gladman wrote:

> Gideon Simpson wrote:
>
>> has anyone tried building the GSL with the intel compilers?
>
> Yes, I have built GSL with the Intel compiler when it is integrated
> into Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.  Simply converting the Microsoft
> based build project works in this case.
>
>  best regards,
>
>   Brian Gladman

* Re: intel compilers
@ 2008-02-01 14:45     ` Brian Gladman
From: Brian Gladman @ 2008-02-01 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gsl-discuss

Gideon Simpson wrote:
> which version of the icc did you use?  I had to add to use the
> -no-multibyte-chars flag to get it to work.  apparently this is a bug in
> the compiler.

I think I first got this working with version 9 but I did have a few
problems. I reported these to Intel and they fixed them in  a later
release.  It certainly works with version 10 although, as I report here:

http://fp.gladman.plus.com/computing/gnu_scientific_library.htm

there are some errors in testing.

Right now the Intel compiler doesn't work with Visual Studio 2008 so I
cannot test this again. But I am expecting a new release of the Intel
compiler shortly and I will then see how this works with VS 2008.

    Brian Gladman