* Compilation options for IRIX
@ 2002-09-24 14:05 Daniel T Konkle
From: Daniel T Konkle @ 2002-09-24 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Has anyone out there figured out the best compiler flags to set to get the
best performance out of the GSL libraries and still pass on the tests?

If so, I'd greatly appreciate it if you send them to the list.  I'm
struggling with this.

Thanks,
Danny

* Re: Compilation options for IRIX
@ 2002-09-25 14:38 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-09-25 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel T Konkle; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Daniel T Konkle writes:

 > Has anyone out there figured out the best compiler flags to set to get the
 > best performance out of the GSL libraries and still pass on the tests?
 >
 > If so, I'd greatly appreciate it if you send them to the list.  I'm
 > struggling with this.

Try these when compiling GSL itself:

-DHAVE_INLINE
-DGSL_RANGE_CHECK_OFF

They can also be used when compiling the application.

Brian

* Re: Compilation options for IRIX
@ 2002-09-26  3:23 ` Daniel T Konkle
From: Daniel T Konkle @ 2002-09-26  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

I should have passed on that for compiling on an SGI, I set my CFLAGS
options to the following:

"-O2 -mips4 -woff 728,1552 -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON"

On older machines you might not be able to use -mips4 but these options
increase the overall performance for me under IRIX.

Later,
Danny

@ 2002-09-26 11:46   ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-09-26 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel T Konkle, gsl-discuss

Try without the -DHAVE_INLINE if your compiler does not support
'extern inline'. See the usage chapter of the manual for details.