* git repository
@ 2008-02-09 17:26 Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2008-02-09 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

We now have a git repository at

 http://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=gsl

The complete revision history of the sourceware repository has been
imported.  This will be the main repository from now on.

I have put all the bugs into a savannah tracker at

 http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gsl

--
Brian Gough

* Re: git repository
@ 2008-02-10 23:16 ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2008-02-10 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Brian,

On 09.02.2008, at 18:26, Brian Gough wrote:

> We now have a git repository at
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=gsl
>
> The complete revision history of the sourceware repository has been
> imported.  This will be the main repository from now on.

will the "old" cvs repository follow the git repository in some decent
way? I.e., will I be able to get the latest version via cvs?

I develop on several number crunchers that do not have git installed
at all... Sure others will have similar problems.

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll

* Re: git repository
@ 2008-02-11 10:58   ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2008-02-11 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:15:09 +0100,
Jochen Küpper wrote:
> will the "old" cvs repository follow the git repository in some decent
> way? I.e., will I be able to get the latest version via cvs?

I have asked for CVS emulation to be enabled on the git server, once
that is done you'll be able to access it (read-only) at

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/gsl.git checkout -d git HEAD

See https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106241 to be notified when it is
done.

--
Brian Gough

* Re: git repository
@ 2008-02-11 11:26     ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2008-02-11 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11.02.2008, at 11:58, Brian Gough wrote:

> At Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:15:09 +0100,
> Jochen Küpper wrote:
>> will the "old" cvs repository follow the git repository in some
>> decent
>> way? I.e., will I be able to get the latest version via cvs?
>
> I have asked for CVS emulation to be enabled on the git server, once
> that is done you'll be able to access it (read-only) at
>
>  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/gsl.git checkout -
> d git HEAD

cool

> See https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106241 to be notified when it
> is done.

Thank you for your efforts.

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll

* Re: git repository
@ 2008-02-12 12:23       ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2008-02-12 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

The cvs emulation is now available

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/gsl.git checkout -d gsl HEAD

I've put a note about that on the web page.

* Re: git repository - cvs emulation
@ 2008-04-03  7:42       ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2008-04-03  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Brian, All,

>> I have asked for CVS emulation to be enabled on the git server, once
>> that is done you'll be able to access it (read-only) at
>>
>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/gsl.git checkout -
>> d git HEAD
>
> cool

Ok, not so cool... Now I realize that the cvs emulation des not
support (or provide) tags.

I just wanted to update the CVS repository on our number-cruncher
frontend to the 1.11 release, but that seems not to be possible?

Can that be implemented?
Should I file a ticket at savannah asking for it?

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll

* Re: git repository - cvs emulation
@ 2008-04-03 13:30         ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2008-04-03 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:23:59 +0200,
Jochen Küpper wrote:
> Ok, not so cool... Now I realize that the cvs emulation des not
> support (or provide) tags.

Hmm, yes...

> I just wanted to update the CVS repository on our number-cruncher
> frontend to the 1.11 release, but that seems not to be possible?
> Can that be implemented?  Should I file a ticket at savannah asking
> for it?

You could ask if there is a workaround (if not it should be documented
somewhere - only being able to get the cvs head is not very useful).

--
Brian Gough