* Re: Technical Problems: MSVC
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Brian Gough
       [not found]   ` <OE26BO6MVK5PThuG60f000146e8@hotmail.com>
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang Cheng; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Yang Cheng writes:
> I am very interested in the GSL library and prefer to use the library with MSVC
> on the Windows platforms.
> I have downloaded the newest version of it, gsl-0.9.4.tar.gz but I do not find a
> ny files or folders in the decompressed folder relating to MSVC. I am not sure t
> hat is the correct version for my purpose. Nor do I know what to do next.
> Shall I download some more files? Where?
> Will you please help solve my problem?

Hi,
There is a Windows version at,

  http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gsl/

The tar file only contains the Unix version of GSL.

regards
Brian Gough

* Re: Technical Problems: MSVC Version
       [not found]   ` <OE26BO6MVK5PThuG60f000146e8@hotmail.com>
@ 2001-12-19 13:20     ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang Cheng; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Yang Cheng writes:
 >  Thank you very much. I downloaded the Windows Version from that
 > site.  Currently I only have MSVC++ 5.0 on my computer. When I
 > attampted to build an executable, there are numerous linking errors
 > such as unresolved external symbol __chkesp.  Is that due to
 > version problems?

I expect so.

 > Do I have to install Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0?  Could I build the
 > .lib files with MSVC++ 5.0?

I don't know -- you would have to try building it and see if it works.
The workspace file is GSL.dsw, and is included in the distribution.

regards
Brian Gough

* Technical Problems: MSVC
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Yang Cheng