* seeking highly efficient caches scheme for demanding engineering computing?
@ 2007-07-27  5:04 Michael
From: Michael @ 2007-07-27  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gsl, gsl-discuss

Asking for my friend...

seeking highly efficient caches scheme for demanding engineering computing?

HI all,

To same the time of costly function evaluation, I want to explore the
possibility of caching.

Suppose in millions of calls to the function evaluation, there are some
computations, in which only a portion of the parameters change, others
remain the same as the parameters that are used in some other function
evaluations some time before. To save time, I can group the varying
parameters into sub-groups, and cache the results for later use. This needs
a highly efficient cache and a efficient organzation and look-up. Also, the
decision of whether a group of parameters has been seen before should be
based on data trunk in binary form, instead of decimal formats, so I can
compare memory data trunks directly using memory comparison.

Does anybody have good suggestions and pointers on this approach?

Thanks!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-07-27  5:04 UTC | newest]