* multifit residuals
@ 2007-09-18 16:27 Patrick Alken
From: Patrick Alken @ 2007-09-18 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hello,

  The function gsl_multifit_linear_svd computes the fit residuals
in order to compute chi^2, but I was thinking it might be useful
to have a separate function to compute the residuals vector since
its often useful for the user to look at all the residuals as a measure
of quality of fit. So basically just reproduce lines 158-166 of
multilinear.c in a new function and store the residuals in a user
supplied vector. Anyone disagree?

Patrick Alken

* Re: multifit residuals
@ 2007-09-18 19:06 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2007-09-18 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

At Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:27:06 -0600,
Patrick Alken wrote:
>   The function gsl_multifit_linear_svd computes the fit residuals
> in order to compute chi^2, but I was thinking it might be useful
> to have a separate function to compute the residuals vector since
> its often useful for the user to look at all the residuals as a measure
> of quality of fit. So basically just reproduce lines 158-166 of
> multilinear.c in a new function and store the residuals in a user
> supplied vector. Anyone disagree?

Ok, sounds reasonable.

--
Brian Gough