* ctypes based intefrace to GSL
@ 2007-08-03 13:39 Szymon Jaroszewicz
From: Szymon Jaroszewicz @ 2007-08-03 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hi All,

I have written Python bindings to GSL which use the ctypes package.  It
is probably somewhat slower than pygsl but has other advantages:

1. It is very easy to install, the only dependency (except for GSL
itself) is the ctypes package, standard since Python 2.5.  No
compilation is required.  The implementation is simpler too as it does
not require SWIG wrappers, C code or shared libraries.

2. ctypes seems to be the preferred future way to do Python bindings,
since it is independent from python implementation used, e.g. it
should work with projects such as PyPy.

It is currently very incomplete but some important functionality like
vectors, ODEs, integration, Chebyshev approximation, one dimensional
root/minimization are there.  You can get it at:

http://www.cs.umb.edu/~sj/ctypesGsl-0.1.tgz

Any comments are welcome

Szymon

* Re: ctypes based intefrace to GSL
@ 2007-08-15 17:52 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2007-08-15 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Szymon Jaroszewicz; +Cc: gsl-discuss

At Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:39:03 +0200,
Szymon Jaroszewicz wrote:
> It is currently very incomplete but some important functionality like
> vectors, ODEs, integration, Chebyshev approximation, one dimensional
> root/minimization are there.  You can get it at:
>
> http://www.cs.umb.edu/~sj/ctypesGsl-0.1.tgz

Thanks for the info. I've added a link to it at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,