public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* The ROAD-AHEAD: GNOME 2.0 and guile-gtk
@ 2000-08-29 19:33 Ariel Rios
From: Ariel Rios @ 2000-08-29 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Vollmer; +Cc: guile-gtk

Hi everyone,
I have proposed the inclusion of gnome-guile (and thus of guile-gtk) in
the new GNOME
2.0 release and it has been almost accepted. We are some months away
from
Gtk 1.4 freeze and more months away from the actual release, still I
think we have some
issues to be solved.

1)Threading;
2)Change of the .defs file format
3)Make guile-gtk work with Gtk+1.4

This obviously means serious breackage in guile-gtk for a while...
Is there any objection? Do someone need a new release before major
surgery?

ariel

* Re: The ROAD-AHEAD: GNOME 2.0 and guile-gtk
@ 2000-09-03 20:07       ` Ariel Rios
From: Ariel Rios @ 2000-09-03 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Vollmer; +Cc: guile-gtk

> Ah, I remember.  I think defsformat.txt is too unfinished to be
> implemented already.  I myself would wait with a new .defs format
> until it is clear that it is an advantage to the status quo.  That is,
> I'm not against using some other format, but I don't think it is
> important.

Ok. So we can put this in the very low priority queue.

I think that making guile-gtk to work and compile with Gtk HEAD
is really more more important.

       [not found]   ` <20000831173532.438.qmail@zagadka.ping.de>
@ 2000-09-03  7:32     ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2000-09-03  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ariel Rios; +Cc: guile-gtk

@ 2000-08-30 20:02   ` Ariel Rios
       [not found]   ` <20000831173532.438.qmail@zagadka.ping.de>
From: Ariel Rios @ 2000-08-30 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Vollmer; +Cc: guile-gtk

> Ariel Rios <ariel@arcavia.com> writes:
>
> > 2)Change of the .defs file format
>
> Can you quickly describe what you mean by that?
Oh yes, sure.

@ 2000-08-30 12:46     ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2000-08-30 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

thi <ttn@revel.glug.org> writes:

> a related question... would it be possible (or desirable) to move
> the wrapping methodology to use SWIG?

I don't know... what would be the advantages?

* Re: The ROAD-AHEAD: GNOME 2.0 and guile-gtk
@ 2000-08-30 12:03   ` thi
       [not found]   ` <20000831173532.438.qmail@zagadka.ping.de>
From: thi @ 2000-08-30 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mvo; +Cc: ariel, guile-gtk

   From: Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de>
   Date: 30 Aug 2000 20:50:32 +0200

   Can you quickly describe what you mean by that?

a related question... would it be possible (or desirable) to move the
wrapping methodology to use SWIG?

thanks for guile-gtk!
thi

* Re: The ROAD-AHEAD: GNOME 2.0 and guile-gtk
       [not found] <20000830171310.451.qmail@zagadka.ping.de>
@ 2000-08-30 11:52 ` Marius Vollmer
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2000-08-30 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)