public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* Re: guile-gtk homepage...
       [not found] <19990923005143.10705.qmail@www0j.netaddress.usa.net>
@ 1999-09-24  0:53 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 1999-09-24  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Ariel Rios <jarios@usa.net> writes:

> I designed a new homepage for guile-gtk. I hope you like it.  It's
> still not finished but I think it includes the new things we would
> be working in the future.

I like it.  Maybe we should have an image on the main page.  I
originally had one of the "calc" example, but I think I've lost it.
Oh, wait a minute, I make a new one:

* Re: guile-gtk homepage...
@ 1999-09-24  1:14   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 1999-09-24  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Vollmer; +Cc: guile-gtk

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 12:27:06AM +0200, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> > Can somebody explain to me the mailing list details?
>
> I think it's a rather regular mailing list, just like the
> guile@sourceware list, only with the name guile-gtk.

Yep.

For more specifics, look at the List-*: headers on any e-mail note sent to
the list, like this note.  These headers will give you URLs for everything
you'd want to do to the list.  These are actually standardized headers
(RFC2369)--we'll probably see support for them in MUAs eventually so
people can click on a little "Unsubscribe me" button instead of spamming
entire lists.

There is also a little auto-subscriber widget on the web archive.
(What web archive?  See the List-Archive: header! :-)

The only thing the List-* headers don't mention is the mbox-formatted
archives at the ftp site, ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/guile/mail-archives/
These archives exist for all the guile lists on sourceware.

Jason
Rabid Infrastructurist