public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* adding "dump" opsym to build-guile-gtk
@ 2000-10-22 11:36 thi
From: thi @ 2000-10-22 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

the below diff adds "dump" command support to build-guile-gtk.  it is
based on the "glue" command defs-reading code.

thi

diff -cw build-guile-gtk build-guile-gtk.new
*** build-guile-gtk	Wed Apr 12 12:21:05 2000
--- build-guile-gtk.new	Sun Oct 22 02:13:24 2000
***************
*** 1553,1567 ****
        (let ((len (string-length name)))
  	(and (> len 5) (string=? (substring name (- len 5)) ".defs"))))))

-
      (let ((defs-files (pick is-defs-file? (rest-args)))
  	  (cc-flags (remove-if is-defs-file? (rest-args))))
!       (do-link (read-link-info defs-files) cc-flags)))
     (else
!     (error "unknown operation")))) )
!
!
!
!
!
!
--- 1553,1564 ----
                  (let ((len (string-length name)))
                    (and (> len 5) (string=? (substring name (- len 5)) ".defs"))))))

        (let ((defs-files (pick is-defs-file? (rest-args)))
              (cc-flags (remove-if is-defs-file? (rest-args))))
!         (do-link (read-link-info defs-files) cc-flags))))
!    ((dump)
!     (let* ((defs-file (next-arg))
! 	   (defs (read-file defs-file glue-backend)))
!       (for-each (lambda (def) (write def) (newline)) defs)))
     (else
!     (error "unknown operation"))))

Diff finished at Sun Oct 22 02:14:16

* Re: adding "dump" opsym to build-guile-gtk
@ 2000-10-23 15:32 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2000-10-23 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ttn; +Cc: guile-gtk

thi <ttn@revel.glug.org> writes:

> the below diff adds "dump" command support to build-guile-gtk.  it is
> based on the "glue" command defs-reading code.

Can you say a bit more why you need this?  It is not totally obvious
to me that what you did is the right thing, because you lose the
options and may not know which types have been defined and which have
just been imported by looking at the dumped data.

* Re: adding "dump" opsym to build-guile-gtk
@ 2000-11-08  9:46   ` thi
From: thi @ 2000-11-08  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mvo; +Cc: guile-gtk

   From: Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de>
   Date: 23 Oct 2000 00:07:41 +0200

   thi <ttn@revel.glug.org> writes:

   > the below diff adds "dump" command support to build-guile-gtk.  it is
   > based on the "glue" command defs-reading code.

   Can you say a bit more why you need this?  It is not totally obvious
   to me that what you did is the right thing, because you lose the
   options and may not know which types have been defined and which have
   just been imported by looking at the dumped data.

i would like to translate glade xml files to guile-gtk code using the
defs files and build-guile-gtk.  could you suggest a good approach (or
perhaps a pre-made solution) to this problem?

my current thinking is to build widgets by taking a constructor function
def and filling in its args using properties mapped over from the xml
file.

what is the difference between "imported" types and non-imported types?

thanks for any clues,
thi

* Re: adding "dump" opsym to build-guile-gtk
@ 2000-11-08  9:47   ` thi
From: thi @ 2000-11-08  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mvo; +Cc: guile-gtk

   From: Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de>
   Date: 23 Oct 2000 00:07:41 +0200

   Can you say a bit more why you need this?  It is not totally obvious
   to me that what you did is the right thing, because you lose the
   options and may not know which types have been defined and which have
   just been imported by looking at the dumped data.

also, where can i find out info about these "options"?

thanks,
thi

* Re: adding "dump" opsym to build-guile-gtk
@ 2000-11-11 15:11     ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2000-11-11 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ttn; +Cc: guile-gtk

thi <ttn@revel.glug.org> writes:

> i would like to translate glade xml files to guile-gtk code using
> the defs files and build-guile-gtk.  could you suggest a good
> approach (or perhaps a pre-made solution) to this

I don't know about Glade or XML but isn't there glade support in
gnome-guile already?  Ariel?  But maybe that is not what you want.

Do you want to compile a XML file into Scheme ahead of time, or do you
want to to interpet the contents of the XML file at run-time?

> my current thinking is to build widgets by taking a constructor
> function def and filling in its args using properties mapped over
> from the xml file.

Aha, hmm, so you need the information in the defs files to generate
valid Scheme code, right?  Can you give an example?

Maybe it is easiest to just slurp in the defs file without support
from build-guile-gtk.  Or maybe you don't need the defs files after
all.

> what is the difference between "imported" types and non-imported
> types?

Imported types can be used in definitions, but there will be no code
generated for them.  For non-imported types, there will be some tables
generated that contain useful information about the type.

* Re: adding "dump" opsym to build-guile-gtk
@ 2000-11-11 17:03       ` Ariel Rios
From: Ariel Rios @ 2000-11-11 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Vollmer; +Cc: ttn, guile-gtk

On 11 Nov 2000, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> I don't know about Glade or XML but isn't there glade support in
> gnome-guile already?  Ariel?  But maybe that is not what you want.
Yes. But he does not want libglade support. Instead he wants
to convert from the xml to guile code.

ariel