public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* Request for help-Developing Vector editor
@ 2003-02-08 17:48 jamsenthiljam
From: jamsenthiljam @ 2003-02-08 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hello,

I am senthil kumar from India.I am developing a vector editor using GTK+.Though i have just started it i am already facing a big problem. I would be very thankful if someone could tell me how to move the graphics created using drawing primitives (such as lines,arcs etc.) on drawing area.Please help me.
Thanking you,

* Re: Request for help-Developing Vector editor
@ 2003-03-16  9:07 ` Daniel Skarda
From: Daniel Skarda @ 2003-03-16  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jamsenthiljam; +Cc: guile-gtk

Hello,

  I am sorry I have not replied before.

  "Raw" Gtk+ does not have any "object" like arc or line. This is a job for
canvas widget - GtkCanvas or GnomeCanvas. If you want to use GtkCanvas from
Guile, than search for bindings by tomas@fabula.de.

  Another option would be to write your own canvas using GtkDrawArea, maintain
a list of graphics primitives on your canvas and draw them using gdk-draw-point,
gdk-draw-line etc...

Best regards,
0.