public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* about scheme names
@ 2000-01-12  0:38 ÷ÌÁÄÉÍÉÒ ãÉÛÅ×ÓËÉÊ
From: ÷ÌÁÄÉÍÉÒ ãÉÛÅ×ÓËÉÊ @ 2000-01-12  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ariel; +Cc: guile-gtk

Hi,

Many gtk+ functions have 'void' return type, so they are called for
side effects only. Usually the names of such procedures in Scheme are
suffixed with exclamation sign (!).

Also the common practice is to name the arguments and procedures,
which are of boolean type, with names ending with question mark (?).

IMHO, it would be useful to make corresponding updates in the
guile-gtk procudere, wich convert C names to Scheme names.

Regards,
Vladimir V. Tsychevski
senior expert

                  Jet Infosystems
Krasnoproletarskaya 6,		Tel. (+7 095) 972-1182
Moscow 103006, Russia		Fax  (+7 095) 972-0791
Any opinions or recommendations herein are those of
the author and not of his computer.

* Re: about scheme names
@ 2000-01-12 10:12 ` Ariel Rios
From: Ariel Rios @ 2000-01-12 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)