public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* Pre release of guile-gtk 0.17
@ 1999-10-01 18:53 Ariel Rios
From: Ariel Rios @ 1999-10-01 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Hi all--

I have just uploaded the initial pre-release of guile-gtk 0.17
Changes since 0.16 are to numerous to be written. Please report anykind of
bugs. It should work with the guile 1.3.x series and with Gtk 1.2.x

You can get it at:

http://erin.netpedia.net/download/guile-gtk-pre-0.17.tar.gz

If no problems are found, version 0.17 is scheduled for next Friday.

Ariel

* Re: Pre release of guile-gtk 0.17
@ 1999-10-03 17:36 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 1999-10-03 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ariel Rios; +Cc: guile-gtk

Ariel Rios <jarios@usa.net> writes:

> I have just uploaded the initial pre-release of guile-gtk 0.17

Hmm, how did you make that tarball?  I don't think it is a proper
distribution.

Off the top of my head, here is the procedure for making a release:

- Fix bugs until "make distcheck" survives.

- Go thru the ChangeLog and bring the NEWS file uptodate.  For
  example, there should be short descriptions of the new "rect" type,
  of "define-structure" and of the multiple-return-value stuff.  Just
  ask the original author for the NEWS entries.

- Bump version number in configure.in and README

- Commit changes to CVS

- Tag the sources with "guile_gtk_0_17_release" by running

    % cd .../guile-gtk/
    % cvs tag -r guile_gtk_0_17_release

- Run "make dist"

Additions, anyone?

> Changes since 0.16 are to numerous to be written.

The announcement for 0.17 should include the relevant NEWS section
because there will be interesting things in it.

- Marius

* Re: Pre release of guile-gtk 0.17
@ 1999-10-04 11:12   ` Martin Baulig
From: Martin Baulig @ 1999-10-04 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Vollmer; +Cc: Ariel Rios, guile-gtk

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Hmm, how did you make that tarball?  I don't think it is a proper
> distribution.
>
> Off the top of my head, here is the procedure for making a release:
>
> - Fix bugs until "make distcheck" survives.
>
> - Go thru the ChangeLog and bring the NEWS file uptodate.  For
>   example, there should be short descriptions of the new "rect" type,
>   of "define-structure" and of the multiple-return-value stuff.  Just
>   ask the original author for the NEWS entries.

I'll add NEWS file entries for my build-guile-gtk changes asap (sorry, I'm
currently very busy with work ...)

> - Bump version number in configure.in and README
>
> - Commit changes to CVS
>
> - Tag the sources with "guile_gtk_0_17_release" by running
>
>     % cd .../guile-gtk/
>     % cvs tag -r guile_gtk_0_17_release

Can you please use

	cvs rtag guile_gtk_0_17_release guile-gtk

instead - this makes sure it gets logged in the cvs history ?

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org