public inbox for guile-gtk@sourceware.org
* install problems
@ 2000-03-18  9:10 medusa
From: medusa @ 2000-03-18  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-gtk

Good morning,
i'm trying to install guile-gtk on a red hat box with both the
rpm and the tarball. the rpm fails on a dependency for libguile.so.6.  Mr.
Rios has told me of the need for guile 1.3.4 which i have now installed
(although guile -v only returns 1.3)  .... but i still get the error
message upon trying to install the rpm even though it(so.6) is in
/usr/local/lib/.  so, i tried the tarball which returns an exit status of 1
(quickly, i might add) on "make check" because of an undefined
reference to .......`scm_tc16_keyword`

any ideas??

thanks
bert

* Re: install problems
@ 2000-03-18 14:14 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2000-03-18 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: medusa; +Cc: guile-gtk

"medusa" <adelante@spinn.net> writes:

> any ideas??

I don't know about RPM.  For the tarball problems, we need more
information, I'm afraid.  Can you send the complete output of
configure and make?

- Marius