public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* insight/113: gui locking up and misc problems
@ 2001-10-02  9:53 siuc_engr_99
From: siuc_engr_99 @ 2001-10-02  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         113
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       gui locking up and misc problems
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Nov 15 14:33:01 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     siuc_engr_99@yahoo.com
>Release:        GDB 5.0
I am a beginning programmer wanting to
step through some simple programs to get the flow down.
When I load my file, I can't find the program in the source
status bar.  Is there a way to set your directory?
And it will only let me choose ASSEMBLY as to view
my code.  When running the program in the Source Window,
the code will not show up if I try and run the program again.
Insight seems to lock up quite a bit.  I have to use xkill to shut
it down.  Am I missing some files or something?
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: insight/113: gui locking up and misc problems
@ 2002-01-04 12:40 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2002-01-04 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-prs, kseitz, nobody, siuc_engr_99

Synopsis: gui locking up and misc problems

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Jan  4 12:40:39 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Got it.
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Fri Jan  4 12:40:39 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    I'm afraid that there must definitely be something wrong, since I debug using Insight almost daily.

    Couple of suggestions:
    1) Upgrade to Insight-5.1.
    2) When Insight refuses to display source code, one of two conditions exists: a) Insight cannot find the source code or b) the executable was compiled with no debug information. Make sure you compile your program with the "-g" option.

    I have yet to see insight lock up under linux. In fact, I haven't seen it do that ever. If you can supply me with a testcase to reproduce this lockup on Insight-5.1 or current CVS, I will be happy to look at it.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=113&database=insight