public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
From: ian.dalziel@vatechuk.com
To: insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: insight/261: targetselection.itb/GDB serial baudrate when in cygwin
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>Number:         261
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       targetselection.itb/GDB serial baudrate when in cygwin
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Aug 04 09:13:01 UTC 2004
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Ian Dalziel / Mike Durham - VATECH Reyrolle ACP Ltd
>Release:        Insight 6.1

Insight on Cygwin - Target configuration Issues

Insight-6.0
Configured as --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=ppc-elf

WinXP running Cygwin

When "load new executable" the connection settings show the following problems :-

1. When setting the baud rate the listed options for :- 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200
are accepted as Hex values i.e. a baudrate setting of 38400 is returned as 230400 in the
display box.

2. The only port settings available are "com1" and "com2", however GDB will not accept
these ports i.e. "com1: is not a typewriter"

We require this because, only by using the "Run" button and "load new executable" are we
able to correctly display the program source, including 'mixed display'.

Note:-
By running the following script commands, from console window we are able to connect and
load the program to the target, but have no source display etc

#
# Serial connection macro for Com1 57600,8,n,1
# 115200
set remotebaud 1c200

# 57600
# set remotebaud e100

show remotebaud

set debug remote 1

target async /dev/ttyS0

load target.abs

symbol-file -readnow target.abs

Note :
- again we have had to use the equivalent hex of the required baudrate
- we have used /dev/ttyS0 instead of com1, which still returns "not a typewriter".
>How-To-Repeat:
See above description
>Fix:
Yes we can connect using the console, but this does not seem to sync Insight and make it source aware.