public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* ARM angel serial debugger don't work
@ 2002-02-23  6:50 Charles-Henri Balet
From: Charles-Henri Balet @ 2002-02-23  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,
I use the insight 5.1.1 with an ARM compatible board from OKI with an
ARM7TDMI processor,
with the ARM SDT debugger trial version, the communication with the board is
very quick and nice,
each connection work fine at each time
My problem is with insight 5.1.1 , I have successful connect only 2-3 times
on 50 times but don't
understand why any time it's connect good, any has an idea ?
then angel is the only way to work with this board, and I want to use ecos
and their tools.
many thanks
balet charles-henri

* Re: ARM angel serial debugger don't work
@ 2002-02-23 14:15 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-02-23 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles-Henri Balet; +Cc: insight

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Charles-Henri Balet wrote:

> I use the insight 5.1.1 with an ARM compatible board from OKI with an
> ARM7TDMI processor,
> with the ARM SDT debugger trial version, the communication with the board is
> very quick and nice,
> each connection work fine at each time
> My problem is with insight 5.1.1 , I have successful connect only 2-3 times
> on 50 times but don't
> understand why any time it's connect good, any has an idea ?
> then angel is the only way to work with this board, and I want to use ecos
> and their tools.
> many thanks

Couple of things:

. What does "*-gdb -v" show?
. If you're on cygwin (Windows), what does "uname -a" show?
. Does the command line behave the same? (*-gdb -nw)

If the command line behaves the same, please send all this to
gdb@sources.redhat.com, since this would indicate that it is a backend
failure. (Insight is a GUI, gdb is the backend)

Keith