public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* How to see array in HEX?
@ 2003-11-25 14:33 L P
From: L P @ 2003-11-25 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello, all.
	I use Insight 5.3 on RH9 and I put some array into watch window. When I open the array elements, they are always displayed in decimal format. Is
there any way to see ALL the elements in, for example, HEX format? Just now, I pass each element one by one and change format manually. Or may be
there is a way to say to Insight that defult format is not decimal but HEX (for tips usage too)?

Many thank ahead.

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

* Re: How to see array in HEX?
@ 2003-11-25 16:27 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-11-25 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: L P; +Cc: insight

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 06:33, L P wrote:
> Hello, all.
> 	I use Insight 5.3 on RH9 and I put some array into watch window. When I open the array elements, they are always displayed in decimal format. Is
> there any way to see ALL the elements in, for example, HEX format? Just now, I pass each element one by one and change format manually. Or may be
> there is a way to say to Insight that defult format is not decimal but HEX (for tips usage too)?

Good question -- better feature.

I'm afraid that I don't think there is a way to do it, but it shouldn't
be very difficult to add something to the variable window to do this...

Keith

* Re: How to see array in HEX?
@ 2003-11-25 17:22 ` Nick Kelsey
From: Nick Kelsey @ 2003-11-25 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: L P, insight

Hi L P,

Open up the console window and type: set radix 16

If you already have watches open at the time then you might have to delete
and re-add them to force it to update (or single step).

Nick