public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* [jwi@pl.ibm.com: 1.3.20: [incr Tcl/Tk] interpreters missing]
@ 2003-02-26 17:10 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-02-26 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Is the lack of itclsh.exe intentional?

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Jerzy Witkowski <jwi@pl.ibm.com> -----

From: "Jerzy Witkowski" <jwi@pl.ibm.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: 1.3.20: [incr Tcl/Tk] interpreters missing
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:18:10 +0100

Hello,

I just refreshed my Cygwin installation and found out that [incr Tcl/Tk]
interpreters are missing. In the previous version Tcl/Tk interpreters were
named `cygtclsh80.exe', `cygwish80.exe', `cygitclsh30.exe' and
`cygitkwish30.exe'. Now the first two of them are named `tclsh.exe' and
`wish.exe', but I cannot find the last ones. It is strange, because the
compile libraries (e.g. lib/libitcl.a) and startup files (e.g.
usr/share/itcl3.2/) for them are still supplied. Please help.

    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.3.20
    tcltk                20030214-1

Best regards,

Jerzy Witkowski

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: [jwi@pl.ibm.com: 1.3.20: [incr Tcl/Tk] interpreters missing]
@ 2003-02-26 18:34 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-02-26 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: insight

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 08:57, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Is the lack of itclsh.exe intentional?

Yes. There is no more itclsh, tixsh, *sh.

You run tclsh and do "package require Itcl" now. Although I note that
our build is broken, since we're building it static when it MUST be
built shared (on linux, at least). :-(

If I find the time, I'll see about fixing this.
Keith