public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Jerzy Witkowski <jwi@pl.ibm.com>
Cc: "insight@sources.redhat.com" <insight@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Cygwin Tcl/Tk 20030214-1: [incr Tcl/Tk] interpreters missing
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 04:39, Jerzy Witkowski wrote:
> I refreshed my Cygwin installation and found out that [incr Tcl/Tk]
> interpreters are missing. In the previous version Tcl/Tk interpreters were
> named `cygtclsh80.exe', `cygwish80.exe', `cygitclsh30.exe' and
> `cygitkwish30.exe'.

I suggest you go to the official Tcl project pages and read up on Tcl
8.4 and, especially "TEA", the Tcl Extension Architecture. There will
never again be an Incr Tcl shell: it's not needed.

To get an Itcl shell, you must configure the build with
"--enable-shared" (on unix only -- cygwin always builds this way). When
you start tclsh, give it the command "package require Itcl". This will
load the Itcl extension. POOF! You know have an itclsh.exe. Do the same
with wish, and you have an itkwish.exe.

Keith