public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Remote debuggnig using Insight with Cygwin
@ 2003-04-12  8:43 chandrag
From: chandrag @ 2003-04-12  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I do not find download instructions in the Insight window for remote
debugging. I used use the Insight to do remote debugging. It (Linux version)
used to have Connect and Load options in the Run menu. The Cygwin version is
not having it.
Are there any options to pass to Insight so that we can specify the target
type like 'powerpc-eabi' etc.
regards,
chandra

* Re: Remote debuggnig using Insight with Cygwin
@ 2003-04-12 16:14 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-04-12 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chandrag; +Cc: insight

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 01:39, chandrag@danlawinc.com wrote:
> I do not find download instructions in the Insight window for remote
> debugging. I used use the Insight to do remote debugging. It (Linux version)
> used to have Connect and Load options in the Run menu. The Cygwin version is
> not having it.
> Are there any options to pass to Insight so that we can specify the target
> type like 'powerpc-eabi' etc.

Insight is (largely) host-ignorant. It behaves the same on all platforms
(little UI things like key bindings excepted).

If you want a powerpc-eabi-targeted debugger running on cygwin, you need
to make sure that is what you're using. Either open the About window or
open a console window and type "show version". If it doesn't say "This
GDB was configured as powerpc-eabi" (or something similar), then you've
got the wrong version. You will need to build a cross debugger.

Keith