public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* RE: insight -- variable balloons for upper case variables
@ 2003-05-30 16:14 Fuqun.Zhou
From: Fuqun.Zhou @ 2003-05-30 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keiths; +Cc: insight

I directly installed gdb using cygwin's setup remotely. I am afraid that I
do not have the source files for gdb.

Fuqun

Ok, that doesn't suprise me. Do you have the build sources around? Do
you have either of the following files?

src/gdb/varobj.c
src/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-variable.c

Keith

* RE: insight -- variable balloons for upper case variables
@ 2003-05-30 16:20 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-05-30 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fuqun.Zhou; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 09:14, Fuqun.Zhou@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:
> I directly installed gdb using cygwin's setup remotely. I am afraid that I
> do not have the source files for gdb.

Ah.. I think I'm getting you confused with another poster. Sorry about
that!

Okay, I am pretty confident that the problem is varobj (which is a gdb
"variable object" interface for UIs). Since I originally wrote that code
for Insight (and it was later stolen for gdb), I can pretty safely say
that it doesn't handle Fortran -- I've never modified the code to deal
with that!

Anyway, I'll bet the locals and watch windows don't work, either, right?

Keith

* RE: insight -- variable balloons for upper case variables
       [not found] <7CDD7B94357FD5119E800002A537C46E246184@s5-ccr-r1.ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca>
@ 2003-05-30 17:33 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-05-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fuqun.Zhou; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 09:29, Fuqun.Zhou@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:
> all variables in local windows are lower case.
> Watch window does not take upper case variables
> (must type variable names in lower case).

It's almost certainly a bug in the varobj code (which belongs to gdb).
Like I said: it was never tweaked to work with Fortran.

Submit a bug against gdb/varobj (go to gdb homepage on sources).

Keith

* RE: insight -- variable balloons for upper case variables
@ 2003-05-30 16:05 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-05-30 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fuqun.Zhou; +Cc: insight

@ 2003-05-30 16:03 Fuqun.Zhou
From: Fuqun.Zhou @ 2003-05-30 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keiths; +Cc: insight

It only displayed: Error:
No error message.

Fuqun

From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-05-30 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fuqun.Zhou; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 08:32, Fuqun.Zhou@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> It said Undefined command: "tk".

In Insight's console window?

Keith

* RE: insight -- variable balloons for upper case variables
@ 2003-05-30 15:32 Fuqun.Zhou
From: Fuqun.Zhou @ 2003-05-30 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keiths, Fuqun.Zhou; +Cc: insight

@ 2003-05-30 15:24 ` Keith Seitz