public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Help with Insight
@ 2003-06-08  5:14 vadraj kulkarni
From: vadraj kulkarni @ 2003-06-08  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vadiraj_kulkarni, Keith Seitz; +Cc: insight

Hi
I have done the experiments what Mr. Keith S suggest. But they also didn't help. I have attached output files. please see them and if you can help, that will be great.

regards
vadiraj

From: Trevor Forbes @ 2003-06-08  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Could be?

Warning: d:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\ld.exe hides d:\cygwin\bin\ld.exe

Trevor

Mail!
 > http://login.mail.lycos.com/r/referral?aid=27005

* Re: Help with Insight
@ 2003-06-08 17:23 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-06-08 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vadiraj_kulkarni; +Cc: insight

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 22:13, vadraj kulkarni wrote:

Sadly, no smoking gun... However, please do this so that we can find out
what command is causing you trouble:

@ 2003-06-06 16:06 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-06-06 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vadiraj_kulkarni; +Cc: insight

@ 2003-06-06  5:57 ` Paul Whitfield
From: Paul Whitfield @ 2003-06-06  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vadiraj_kulkarni, insight

vadraj kulkarni wrote:

> Hi all,
> Infact i had sent a message to the list requesting the version of the insight which got compiled on cygwin. People say if you have a correct version, it will compile. I tried with 5.1,5.2 and 5.3
> In all the cases, "configure" itself hangs. So i request once again, any of you can tell me the version number of the insight and cygwin, which you are able to successfully configure and install and run?.
>
> Infact i have tried all the ways which mr.keith suggested. But nothing helps.
>
> thanks
> vadiraj

If you get the latest out of CVS or a weekly snapshot they build
with cygwin.

If you are using cygwin you can download the gdb package (it is
actually insight) and/or sources using the cygwin installer.

Regards

Paul

* Re: Help with Insight
@ 2003-06-06  5:53 vadraj kulkarni

From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-06-05 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mariano Sigot; +Cc: insight

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 15:10, Mariano Sigot wrote:
> Do you think you colud help me with this??

Here's how I do it. (Example given for linux, but cygwin or solaris or
whatever procedure is the same.) This example installs everything into
"/home/keiths/insight/built"; executables go into
"/home/keiths/insight/built/H-i686-pc-linux":

$ pwd
/home/keiths/insight
$ ls -1F
src/
linux/
$ cd linux
$ CFLAGS="-g" ../src/configure --prefix=/home/keiths/insight/built \
--exec-prefix=/home/keiths/insight/built/H-i686-pc-linux
[wait a few secondsp]
$ make all-gdb
[wait a few minutes]
$ make install-gdb
[wait a few more minutes]

That's all there is to it. If this is a recent version of insight, the
executable will be called "insight". If it's an older version, it will
simply be called "gdb". (If you specify "--target=foo-bar" to configure,
then you will have "foo-bar-insight" and "foo-bar-gdb".)

Keith

* Help with Insight
@ 2003-06-05 22:10 Mariano Sigot
From: Mariano Sigot @ 2003-06-05 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I Think i need some help with Insight installation. I've downloaded the
compressed file, i've decompressed that file and untared it. Then i run the
"configure" script as you described in the readme file. Some folders and
archives have been created but i cant find the executable "Insight" software
itself. I think i need to know with more detail how is the installation
process. Do you think you colud help me with this??
Thank in advance.
Mariano.

http://messenger.yupimsn.com/