public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* RE: I just installed your version 5.3
       [not found] <013380D4A048F74D9FF6F3C17933C43302EFFA3C@mufasa.awii.com>
@ 2003-07-21 18:08 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-07-21 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hennessey.Mike; +Cc: insight

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 11:02, Hennessey.Mike wrote:
> not the one you're referring.  I went out and downloaded gdb-5.3.tar.Z
>
> should I use your link?

Yes. That is the one I just downloaded/built/installed. Due to some old
weirdness, gdb releases are separate from insight releases. If you want
an insight release, you must download an insight release. (You will get
both gdb and insight is you build insight.)

BTW, we're approaching a 6.0 release. I encourage everyone to check out
the 6.0 branch and try it out. Of course, I also realize that many are
too busy to do such a thing (and I know I'm too busy to actually do work
on insight beyond answering email).

Here's to hoping the third time's the charm! :-)
Keith

* RE: I just installed your version 5.3
@ 2003-07-21 18:09 Hennessey.Mike
From: Hennessey.Mike @ 2003-07-21 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz'; +Cc: insight

Thanks a lot for the quick support and I hope so too

@ 2003-07-21 18:01 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-07-21 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hennessey.Mike; +Cc: insight

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 10:48, Hennessey.Mike wrote:
> per your request

Your build log indicates that you've downloaded a version of gdb which
does not have insight sources in it. If you look at your sources, I'll
bet you're missing the directories "src/tcl", "src/tk", "src/itcl",
"src/libgui", and "src/gdb/gdbtk".

I just downloaded and built/installed Insight 5.3 on Red Hat Linux 8.0
(ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/releases/insight-5.3.tar.bz2), and it
worked without incident.

Which tarball did you download?
Keith

* RE: I just installed your version 5.3
@ 2003-07-21 17:48 Hennessey.Mike
From: Hennessey.Mike @ 2003-07-21 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz'; +Cc: insight

per your request
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-07-21 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hennessey.Mike; +Cc: insight

@ 2003-07-21 16:56 Hennessey.Mike
From: Hennessey.Mike @ 2003-07-21 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Cagney', Keith Seitz; +Cc: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

I am trying to run gdb and just get the CLI

There is no insight executable.

I just removed it and started over. I have the tar file that I pulled from
you sight. I extracted into it's predetermined subdiw under /usr/local/bin

The follow the README by running ./configure, then a make..

Everything appears to run without error. the executable gdb is found under
/usr/local/bin/gdb-5.3/gdb

Did I miss anything?

From: Hennessey.Mike @ 2003-07-21 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz'; +Cc: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

Can I either call you or you can call me at 973-594-5103

This might work better

Server:  Linux america.awii.com 2.4.9-31smp #1 SMP Tue Feb 26 06:55:00 EST
2002 i686 unknown

Red Hat 7.2

From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-07-21 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Hennessey.Mike, 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

@ 2003-07-21 16:24 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-07-21 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hennessey.Mike; +Cc: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

@ 2003-07-21 16:18 Hennessey.Mike

@ 2003-07-21 16:16 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-07-21 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hennessey.Mike; +Cc: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

@ 2003-07-21 15:41 Hennessey.Mike
From: Hennessey.Mike @ 2003-07-21 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

But I cannot invoke the GUI

What is the syntax to invoke the GUI or is there addtional setup required?

Michael J Hennessey
Unix System Manager
mike.hennessey@igt.com
973-594-5103 ( office )