public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* File etc. Toolbar sometimes Missing from Source Window (Cygwin)
@ 2003-10-02 13:50 Andy Lindsay
From: Andy Lindsay @ 2003-10-02 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

If I exit Insight with the local variables window shown then the next
time I open Insight the source file window doesn't show the bar with
File, Function and Source/Mixed... dropdowns.  If I adjust the height of
the window by grabbing the title bar then the bar appears.

If I close the local variables window before exiting Insight then the
next time I open Insight the bar appears correctly.

I'm seeing the problem when using the latest Cygwin supplied version of
Insight ( GNU gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special) ) running under
Windows XP Home.

I saw the problem of the toolbar sometimes being missing with previous
Cygwin versions but hadn't realised until now that it is tied to whether
the local variables window is displayed.

I do not have access to other non-cygwin versions to see if it occurs
with them.

I don't know if you want cygcheck output on this mailing list but I can
send it if you want it.

--
Andy Lindsay

* Re: File etc. Toolbar sometimes Missing from Source Window (Cygwin)
@ 2003-10-02 16:05 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-10-02 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Lindsay; +Cc: insight

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 06:32, Andy Lindsay wrote:

> If I exit Insight with the local variables window shown then the next
> time I open Insight the source file window doesn't show the bar with
> File, Function and Source/Mixed... dropdowns.  If I adjust the height of
> the window by grabbing the title bar then the bar appears.
>
> If I close the local variables window before exiting Insight then the
> next time I open Insight the bar appears correctly.

This is certainly very unusual. First time I've heard of such a thing.
But then, I haven't really used insight much in the last year, since
I've been stricken with the Java curse...

Set GDBTK_DEBUG to non-zero in your environment before launching
insight. You will get a log file of the debugging output (a file called
"insight.log". Do this when the error is generated and when it is not.
Any differences in the messages?

Keith