public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Multiple ~/.gdbtkinit files
@ 2003-10-20 18:55 Duane Ellis
From: Duane Ellis @ 2003-10-20 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I've got a problem - we have numerous version of Insight - going all
the way back to when it was known as "GDBTK"

Each of these are for different target types.

Problem is - each and every one of them want to own the file
.gdbtkinit in your home directory.

And - each of these have slightly different formats that keep the
others from working.

The only solution we've come across is to alway start GDB with a
script that erases this file...

Sucks but it works.

With emacs - I've gotten around this (I run 4 different versions of
emacs depending on the platform I'm on) - I have a common .emacs file
that calculates a new .emacs-VERSION-PLATFORM-WHATEVER filename and
loads it.

Has any concideration been given to (A) Specifying this filename with
a command line option, or (B) - trying first a 'version specific
filename' then trying the normal filename?

-Duane.