public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Hi dev c++ uses the base debugger you mentioned & I would like to use that there was a sinple download.
@ 2003-11-06  5:24 josh wojnas
From: josh wojnas @ 2003-11-06  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi dev c++ uses the base debugger you mentioned & I would like to use
that there was a sinple download. Where I install it over some
directory and I am ready. Now I am useing windows so saying build ...
is way out of my scope. I don't want to have to be a comp sci person
to have to use your tool if it was acsessible by more people more
would like it. etc.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

* Re: Hi dev c++ uses the base debugger you mentioned & I would like to use that there was a sinple download.
@ 2003-11-06 16:11 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-11-06 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: josh wojnas; +Cc: insight

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 21:24, josh wojnas wrote:
> Hi dev c++ uses the base debugger you mentioned & I would like to use
> that there was a sinple download. Where I install it over some
> directory and I am ready. Now I am useing windows so saying build ...
> is way out of my scope. I don't want to have to be a comp sci person
> to have to use your tool if it was acsessible by more people more
> would like it. etc.

Never heard of "hi dev c++", but if you they say the use insight, then
let them supply binaries for it.

However, you also say that you're on windows. So that means the "hi dev
c++" is using gcc and gdb, which means that you will need Cygwin (a
posix layer for Windows). You will need to install cygwin anyway, and
cygwin *does* have binary insight packages available from the setup
application. Go to http://www.cygwin.com to install cygwin.

Of course, I admit that your following contradictory statements really
confuse me. You "don't want to have to be a comp sci person" and build
the tools, but you want to write applications in C/C++?

[Building Insight, like almost any other free software application, is
actually quite easy, even on cygwin.]

Good luck.
Keith