public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* How to test Insight
@ 2004-06-25 14:10 Manmeet Singh Johar
From: Manmeet Singh Johar @ 2004-06-25 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to test Insight with my changes, could someone please suggest me
how to go about it.

Regards
Manmeet Singh Johar
"My biggest disappointment in life is that grown-ups were not as smart as I thought they'd be."

* Re: How to test Insight
@ 2004-06-25 15:06 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2004-06-25 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 22:37, Manmeet Singh Johar wrote:
> I want to test Insight with my changes, could someone please suggest me
> how to go about it.

Of course, that depends on the nature of your change. If you've modified
code in the src/gdb/gdbtk folder, then run the insight testsuite. As
ineffective as it often seems, it still does test basic functionality.
See the directions in src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk/README for
instructions. [You might want to run the testsuite against pristine
sources to have a baseline.]

If you modified anything in src/gdb that's not in src/gdb/gdbtk, then
you should run the gdb testsuite. See the gdb internals documentation at
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdbint_16.html#SEC175

Keith