public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* help:gdb -w can't invoke the insight GUI
@ 2004-08-06  7:13 Shen_Sha
From: Shen_Sha @ 2004-08-06  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

help:gdb -w can't invoke the insight GUI

My OS is redhat 8.0,the insight version is 6.1 which is downloaded from redhat website.

I've config and built the insight source code.Make install is also successful.

when I input 'gdb -nw' in command line, the new gdb works well.
When I input 'insight' in command line,the insight GUI appears.
But when I input gdb -w,the insight GUI is not invoked as I expect.

What's wrong with it? Should I set some certain path variables??

Best Regard,

Shen_Sha

* Re: help:gdb -w can't invoke the insight GUI
@ 2004-08-09 16:52 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2004-08-09 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 00:12, Shen_Sha wrote:
> when I input 'gdb -nw' in command line, the new gdb works well.
> When I input 'insight' in command line,the insight GUI appears.
> But when I input gdb -w,the insight GUI is not invoked as I expect.
>

> What's wrong with it? Should I set some certain path variables??

For a while there were problems with the interpreter changeover, and
"-w" was not working. I don't know exactly when this was, but try "gdb
--i=insight".

Keith