public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* specifing the target
@ 2004-10-02 17:57 Gatien Gillon
From: Gatien Gillon @ 2004-10-02 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

How can you specify the tagret (remote/serial 38400 bps) once and for all ?
Is there a way to set it using a « command » file (set remotebaud / set
target doesn’t seem to work) ?

* Re: specifing the target
@ 2004-10-02 18:08 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2004-10-02 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gatien Gillon; +Cc: insight

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 10:57, Gatien Gillon wrote:
> How can you specify the tagret (remote/serial 38400 bps) once and for all ?
> Is there a way to set it using a « command » file (set remotebaud / set
> target doesn’t seem to work) ?

Something wrong with the preferences? Okay, it doesn't "permanently" set
your target, but you only need to set it once for every executable you
load.

I don't think I understand the full scope of your problem. Can you
elaborate?

Keith

* RE: specifing the target
@ 2004-10-02 18:20   ` Gatien Gillon
From: Gatien Gillon @ 2004-10-02 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz', insight

I'd like to win time setting the preferences every time is quite time
consuming

@ 2004-10-02 19:33     ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2004-10-02 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gatien Gillon; +Cc: insight

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 11:20, Gatien Gillon wrote:
> I'd like to win time setting the preferences every time is quite time
> consuming

I'm afraid that didn't help me. Are you saying you need to set the
target settings every time you load a specific executable?

Or do you mean you load a lot of (different) executables, and you would
like to circumvent this?

In the previous case, Insight should remember your target settings for
any given executable. You should only ever have to enter your target
settings once. Your preferences will be saved, and the next time insight
loads that executable (tracked by its fully-qualified pathname), it will
automatically restore the target settings.

In the later case, though, there is currently no provision to do that.
Your best bet is to hack set_target in interface.tcl to force your
default. This functionality could be useful, so you could even add a
preference for insight to always force the default target setting...

Keith