public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Can't run Insight...
@ 1999-08-23  0:24 Umit TACAY
From: Umit TACAY @ 1999-08-23  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello,

I had downloaded the source code for the Insight release that was made
available on Agust 9. After some minor problems I have finally
compiled the source code. However, I can't find any directories or
files called "Insight" and when I run 'gdb' it just runs without any
GUI.

At this stage I haven't run "make install" because that's trying to
create some directories and move the code but I actually like the code
where it is.

Can I start Insight as it is or do I have to run install first?

Umit

* Can't run Insight...
@ 1999-08-23  9:56 ` James Ingham
From: James Ingham @ 1999-08-23  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Umit TACAY; +Cc: insight

Umit,

There is no program called insight, it is just ordinary gdb.  However,
you have to have a DISPLAY environment variable set in the shell from
which you lauch gdb.  If no display variable is set, you will just get
command line gdb instead.

You don't need to install gdb to run Insight, you can run it from the
build tree.

Jim