public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight Question
@ 1999-10-28  9:21 MichalKang
From: MichalKang @ 1999-10-28  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello,

How do I change the default background color of white to something less
stressing to the eyes?

Thank you,
Michael Kang.

* Re: Insight Question
@ 1999-10-28 10:12 ` James Ingham
From: James Ingham @ 1999-10-28 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MichalKang; +Cc: insight

Michal,

Unfortunately, the answer here is "hack it in...".  We intend to
expand the preferences panels to contain more features of the
debugger, things like text & background colors on the aesthetic side,
and all the nifty settings in gdb on the functional side, but haven't
yet gotten around to it.

Here's how you would go about it.  The text pane background color is
set in gdb/gdbtcl2/srctextwin.itb in the build_win method.  Look at:

  set twinp [iwidgets::scrolledtext $pane1.st -textbackground white \
	       -hscrollmode dynamic -vscrollmode dynamic]

So if you just want to hard code the color, you can just change white
to something else...

If you want to go further, try adding a preference for this, and
another button to the Source preferences panel to set this.  This is
pretty easy to do.

First, you will have to add a preference to the gdbtk preference set.
You do this in prefs.tcl in the prefs_set_default proc, by adding
something like

  pref define gdb/src/text_bg              orange

except you probably don't want orange - but it is almost Halloween...

Then add another button to the Source Preferences panel.  Do this in
the build_win method of srcpref.itb.  You can pretty much cut & paste
the code from the other buttons.

Then change the srctextwin.itb code to:

  set twinp [iwidgets::scrolledtext $pane1.st \
               -textbackground [pref get gdb/src/text_bg] \
	       -hscrollmode dynamic -vscrollmode dynamic]

and you are done.  If you hack all this in, send me the diffs, and I
will happily incorporate them.

Hope this helps.

Jim

--
++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++
Jim Ingham                                              jingham@cygnus.com

* Re: Insight Question
@ 2006-03-09 15:18 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2006-03-09 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason.Binger; +Cc: insight

Jason.Binger@Seagate.com wrote:
> I started using insight as a possible debugger for a project I'm working
> on.  My question is, in the local variable view, is it possible I can set
> the default format to "Hexadecimal" rather than "Natural" ??  I did a quick
> look in the source and modified it to work on all local variables that come
> up in the list but the variables that are hidden (members of
> classes/structures) are still set at "Natural" and I have to manually
> change each.
>
> Is there a default setting that can be easily changed?

No, there isn't, but it would not be hard to do. Edit
Block::_findVariables (where varobj create is called for local
variables) to apply a preference defined in prefs.tcl to set the format
for the variables when they're created (or perhaps just after?).
Something like "$obj format [pref get gdb/variable/default_format].

If you get to it before I do, send me a patch. Takes about 5 min to
actually do this. The tough part is exposing this preference somewhere...

Keith

* Insight Question
@ 2006-03-02 22:09 Jason.Binger