public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Bug in M68K-targeted insight (crash)
@ 2000-04-21 14:31 Serge Nikulin
From: Serge Nikulin @ 2000-04-21 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

It looks like I've found a small bug in insight.
I've fixed it in on my PC but I would like to see it fixed in the main
branch.
I have no idea where to send this report and fix, so I'm posting it here.

I have insight+dejagnu-weekly-20000412.tar.bz2 and Cygwin CD1.0

I compiled it for --target=m68k-motorola-coff

Then I tried to connect remotely to my SBC.
Insight crashed.
Crash happened in m68k-tdep.c in delta68_in_sigtramp:

int delta68_in_sigtramp (pc, name)
     CORE_ADDR pc;
     char *name;
{
  return strcmp (name, "_sigcode") == 0;
}

The reason -- pc was pointed to ROMmed RTOS rather than any program segment.
So name parameter was NULL. Function strcmp crashed insight then.
I've fixed the code and now it works fine.
BTW, gdb 4.18 works fine, 'cuz it does not have this function.

My solution:

int delta68_in_sigtramp (pc, name)
     CORE_ADDR pc;
     char *name;
{
 if (name) /* Serge's fix here */
  return strcmp (name, "_sigcode") == 0;
 return 0; /* Serge's fix here */

* Re: Bug in M68K-targeted insight (crash)
@ 2000-04-24 11:06 ` James Ingham
From: James Ingham @ 2000-04-24 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Serge Nikulin; +Cc: insight

Serge,

This is a core gdb bug, not an insight specific bug.  You should make
a patch against the original, and submit it to
gdb-patches@sourceware.cygnus.com.  Then whoever is the maintainer of
the m68k code will look over it.

Jim