public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Linux question
@ 2002-12-07  7:25 Ram Pariyapurath
From: Ram Pariyapurath @ 2002-12-07  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Is it possible to install   Redhat Linux 8.0 prfessional on a machine (Intel
PII) which currently runs Windows 2002 on a different volume? Can the os be
chosen at start up?

Thanks
Ram
852-92689094

* Re: Linux question
@ 2002-12-07 13:53 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-12-07 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ram Pariyapurath; +Cc: insight

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:28:24PM -0800, Ram Pariyapurath wrote:
>Is it possible to install   Redhat Linux 8.0 prfessional on a machine (Intel
>PII) which currently runs Windows 2002 on a different volume? Can the os be
>chosen at start up?

And you're asking the insight mailing list this question, because...?
What did you read which indicated that this mailing list was used for
Red Hat Linux questions?

* RE: Linux question
@ 2002-12-10  5:29   ` Ram Pariyapurath
From: Ram Pariyapurath @ 2002-12-10  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

A search for FAQ in the redhat website brought me to
http://sources.redhat.com/insight/faq.htm which suggests to use this list.

@ 2002-12-10  6:04     ` Warren Postma
From: Warren Postma @ 2002-12-10  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

MAybe somebody should edit the web page url in the subject so it doesn't
look so completely devoid of context.

Warren

Ram Pariyapurath wrote:

>A search for FAQ in the redhat website brought me to
>http://sources.redhat.com/insight/faq.htm which suggests to use this list.

* RE: Linux question
@ 2002-12-10  7:08     ` Elena Zannoni
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2002-12-10  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ram Pariyapurath; +Cc: insight

Ram Pariyapurath writes:
 > A search for FAQ in the redhat website brought me to
 > http://sources.redhat.com/insight/faq.htm which suggests to use this list.

Indeed, I see that that url is the third to be listed, after a Japanese
Faq page and the Ecos Faq page.
No wonder we get all these requests.

You should instead look at the

http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/faqs/rhl_general_faq/FAQ.html

page, listed a few entries below.

Thanks for explaining. We will change the Insight FAQ web page, so
that it is less ambiguous.

Elena

* Re: http://sources.redhat.com/insight/faq.htm
@ 2002-12-10  8:17       ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-12-10  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warren Postma; +Cc: insight

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Warren Postma wrote:

> MAybe somebody should edit the web page url in the subject so it doesn't
> look so completely devoid of context.

Hmmm... Always meant to add something to that page... Now seems like a
good time!

:-)
Keith

* Re: http://sources.redhat.com/insight/faq.htm
@ 2002-12-10  9:43         ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2002-12-10  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Warren Postma, insight

Keith Seitz wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Warren Postma wrote:
>

>>MAybe somebody should edit the web page url in the subject so it doesn't
>>look so completely devoid of context.
>

> Hmmm... Always meant to add something to that page... Now seems like a
> good time!
>
> :-)
> Keith

Humm, I now saw Elena's message to the insight mailing list.  There is a
pointer to this page from somewhere else.

Yes, first FAQ should be what is Insight...

Regards to all,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser