public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* RE: Unified gdbtk/ChangeLog for 2001?
@ 2000-12-15  5:17 Bernard Dautrevaux
From: Bernard Dautrevaux @ 2000-12-15  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fernando Nasser', insight, Tom Tromey

Me too (I hope foreign absentee ballots will not be discarded :) :) :))

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingenierie
97 bis, rue de Colombes
92400 COURBEVOIE
FRANCE
Tel:	+33 (0) 1 47 68 80 80
Fax:	+33 (0) 1 47 88 97 85
e-mail:	dautrevaux@microprocess.com
		b.dautrevaux@usa.net

* Re: Unified gdbtk/ChangeLog for 2001?
@ 2000-12-14  8:52 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-12-14  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fernando Nasser; +Cc: insight, Tom Tromey

Fernando Nasser wrote:

> Tom has suggested that we unify the ChangeLog files that are split
> between the library and generic subdirectories.
>
> The main argument is that the current arrangement makes it difficult to track
> changes that affect both Tcl and C code.  And the elimination of gdb_cmd
> and gdb_immediate will just add about 50 entries like that.
>
> The caveat is that we will have to write  library/...  generic/...  in front
> of each file name.
>
> I am saving the previous years as ChangeLog-YYYY (leaving them in the
> subdirectories as they are).
>
> The question is how should we handle 2001.
> Who is in favor of a unified ChangeLog

I vote for unified ChangeLogs.

> Cast your votes (they will be hand counted).
> Voting closes at 8am E.S.T. tomorrow.

tomorrow is Thursday? Then this is too late. I suggest you make the
deadline 8 AM Eastern on Monday, 12/18/00.

@ 2000-12-14  7:55 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2000-12-14  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fernando Nasser; +Cc: insight, Tom Tromey

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 09:09:07AM -0500, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>Tom has suggested that we unify the ChangeLog files that are split
>between the library and generic subdirectories.
>
>The main argument is that the current arrangement makes it difficult to track
>changes that affect both Tcl and C code.  And the elimination of gdb_cmd
>and gdb_immediate will just add about 50 entries like that.
>
>The caveat is that we will have to write  library/...  generic/...  in front
>of each file name.
>
>I am saving the previous years as ChangeLog-YYYY (leaving them in the
>subdirectories as they are).
>
>The question is how should we handle 2001.
>Who is in favor of a unified ChangeLog
>
>Cast your votes (they will be hand counted).
>Voting closes at 8am E.S.T. tomorrow.
>
>(I vote yes.)

Sounds like a good idea to me.

"YES"

cgf

* Re: Unified gdbtk/ChangeLog for 2001?
@ 2000-12-14  7:22 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2000-12-14  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fernando Nasser; +Cc: insight, Tom Tromey

Fernando Nasser wrote:

> Tom has suggested that we unify the ChangeLog files that are split
> between the library and generic subdirectories.

Go Tom! [primal grunting]

> The caveat is that we will have to write  library/...  generic/...  in front
> of each file name.

Or let emacs do it for you. Errr, ummm, I mean let ed do it for you. We
all use ed, right? :-)

> (I vote yes.)

I'd go for that, too. (Please, let us limit the number of hand recounts
to one, no matter what. If people screw up voting, their votes will
simply be discarded. Heck, we're only voting on whether to use one
ChangeLog or two, not something important like, oh, the presidency of
the US.)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Keith

* Unified gdbtk/ChangeLog for 2001?