public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Dispay problem
@ 2000-03-25 19:50 lduperval
From: lduperval @ 2000-03-25 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having a problem debugging an application (wish8.2, if it matters
any). I launch gdb and everything is fine. Then I let the program run
until it crashes. When it does I go to the stack trace but whenever I
click on one of the functions listed in the stack trace, nothing
displays in the window. Also,. when the program crashes or if I stop the
program to see the code, I always end up in a file called soinit.c with
no code displayed. I don't understand what the problem is. My version of
gdb is 20000314.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

* Re: Dispay problem
@ 2000-03-27  6:09 ` laurent.duperval
From: laurent.duperval @ 2000-03-27  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25 Mar, lduperval@sprint.ca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem debugging an application (wish8.2, if it matters
> any). I launch gdb and everything is fine. Then I let the program run
> until it crashes. When it does I go to the stack trace but whenever I
> click on one of the functions listed in the stack trace, nothing
> displays in the window. Also,. when the program crashes or if I stop the
> program to see the code, I always end up in a file called soinit.c with
> no code displayed. I don't understand what the problem is. My version of
> gdb is 20000314.
>
> Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

More info: when this happens, I notice that the accelerators (like Ctrl-S,
Ctrl-F, etc.) stop working.

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
CGI - SARM Project                        and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 350-3368                                            -Don Camilli
mailto:laurent.duperval@cgi.ca      Penguin Power!