public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight bug with assembly (?)
@ 2000-04-06 15:48 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-04-06 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Today I built the most recent cvs gdb on my x86 Debian 2.0 box.
I'm using an ancient (2.0.34) kernel.

I'm trying to debug stubs generated by gcj (the Java front end to
gcc).  So, I set a breakpoint on the stub, and when it is hit I change
the view to assembly and "si" or "ni" through.

While debugging I did an "si" into a function call.  The assembly for
the new function (call it "X") appeared.  Good.

Then I re-ran the inferior using "r".
When the inferior stopped in my stub, the source window showed the
assembly for "X" and not my stub.  Oops.

I tried "up" and "down" on the console, but that didn't help.
Pressing the "bottom of stack" button on the source window did help.
However, I shouldn't have to do this.

Sorry if this seems vague.  It is reproducible using my setup, but I
haven't tried it on any other examples.

Tom

* Re: Insight bug with assembly (?)
@ 2000-04-06 15:56 ` James Ingham
From: James Ingham @ 2000-04-06 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: insight

Tom,

Does the same thing happen when you rerun using the "Run" button?
I am not sure that "r" in the console and the run button are totally
synched up.

Just a thought...

Jim

@ 2000-04-06 16:01   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-04-06 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Ingham; +Cc: tromey, insight

Jim> Does the same thing happen when you rerun using the "Run" button?
Jim> I am not sure that "r" in the console and the run button are
Jim> totally synched up.

That seems to work.
Thanks.

Tom