public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* `info sources'
@ 2001-10-09  6:54 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-10-09  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight List

Tonight I made the mistake of running `info sources' in the console.
My program has a lot of sources, many hundreds.  It took several
minutes for Insight to print them all.  (I wrote this email message
while waiting :-) With the tty Insight I have the option to abort an
extremely long printout.  It would be nice if Insight offered
something similar.

Interestingly, the printout seems to get slower with each additional
file name it prints.  So according to Zeno it will never finish :-)

Tom

* Re: `info sources'
@ 2001-10-09  8:31 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-10-09  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Insight List

On 4 Dec 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Tonight I made the mistake of running `info sources' in the console.
> My program has a lot of sources, many hundreds.  It took several
> minutes for Insight to print them all.  (I wrote this email message
> while waiting :-) With the tty Insight I have the option to abort an
> extremely long printout.  It would be nice if Insight offered
> something similar.

Sucks, doesn't it? :-(

I've tried to fix this at one time in the past, but, well, it didn't work
too well. Maybe it's time to try again...

Keith

* Re: `info sources'
@ 2001-10-09 17:12   ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-10-09 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Tom Tromey, Insight List

Keith Seitz wrote:

> On 4 Dec 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
>
> > Tonight I made the mistake of running `info sources' in the console.
> > My program has a lot of sources, many hundreds.  It took several
> > minutes for Insight to print them all.  (I wrote this email message
> > while waiting :-) With the tty Insight I have the option to abort an
> > extremely long printout.  It would be nice if Insight offered
> > something similar.
>
> Sucks, doesn't it? :-(
>
> I've tried to fix this at one time in the past, but, well, it didn't work
> too well. Maybe it's time to try again...

You may find that you have this problem when you try to expand the
file list combo box in the Source Window :-(

I am not sure what we can do in that case when the list is just too large...

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com

* `info sources'