public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Tk widgets
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.33.0210152105290.29050-100000@pumpkin.ittc.ku.edu>
@ 2002-10-15 19:56 ` Martin M. Hunt
From: Martin M. Hunt @ 2002-10-15 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satya, insight

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 07:05 pm, Satya wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am trying to create Tk widgets from the gdb command line using the tk
> command.
> gdb> tk  frame .top -borderwidth 10
>
> The problem is that the Tk widget is not getting created though the tk
> command does not report any error.
>
> Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening.

There are no errors because your widget was created, but not yet visible.
There are a couple of things missing.

First, you need to create a new toplevel.  You also need to pack the widget to
get it displayed.  For example, I just tried this to verify it still works.

(gdb) tk toplevel .x
.x

(gdb) tk button .x.b -text "Hello World"
.x.b

(gdb) tk pack .x.b

--
Martin Hunt