public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* What's wrong when typing 'gdb' yields GDB?
@ 2002-12-29 14:59 Bruce Korb
From: Bruce Korb @ 2002-12-29 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

It used to bring up the insight windows and I did a fresh re-install
just to ensure that was not the problem.  No joy.  I replaced
my "~/.gdbtkinit" with my saved copy.  No luck there, either.
(I have to save a copy because it occasionally becomes corrupt.
So I have a copy with my standard settings saved away for when
that happens.)  Even deleting it does no good.  It would be
"real nice" if the silly thing would explain what problems it
was having so that it had to fall back to text mode.  I detest
text mode.  It is so hard to use.  :-(  Thanks!  :-)

* Re: What's wrong when typing 'gdb' yields GDB?
@ 2002-12-29 18:22 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-12-29 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Korb; +Cc: insight

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 03:06:59PM -0800, Bruce Korb wrote:
>It used to bring up the insight windows and I did a fresh re-install
>just to ensure that was not the problem.  No joy.  I replaced my
>"~/.gdbtkinit" with my saved copy.  No luck there, either.  (I have to
>save a copy because it occasionally becomes corrupt.  So I have a copy
>with my standard settings saved away for when that happens.) Even
>deleting it does no good.  It would be "real nice" if the silly thing
>would explain what problems it was having so that it had to fall back
>to text mode.  I detest text mode.  It is so hard to use.  :-( Thanks!
>:-)

"insight" and "gdb" parted company a while ago.  You type "insight"
to bring up "insight" now and "gdb" to bring up good-old command-line
gdb.

cgf