public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: insight crashed under cygwin]
@ 2003-02-05 15:45 Borracini Evandro-R45188
From: Borracini Evandro-R45188 @ 2003-02-05 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

Hi Joerg,
I was facing the same problem. When I tried to run insight.exe ( which I had just built from the sources) it was returning the same error message.
So, I replaced cygwin-1.3.18-1 by cygwin-1.3.17-1 and rebuild insight from the sources.
It is running fine now.
Regards
Evandro

Hello
I'm using the following configuration:
- Windows 2000
- latest release of cygwin 1.3.18-1
- insight-5.1 configured for target "arm-ecos-elf"

The compilation goes well (I have also tried insight-5.2.1 and insight-5.3 using Tcl/Tk 8.0.3; as described at <http://sources.redhat.com/insight/cygwin.html>).

If I run the application "arm-ecos-elf-gdb.exe" it crashed and I got a Windows containing an error message like this:
The application cannot be initialised (0xc0000022). Press "OK" to stop the application".

Some times ago I have used cygwin release 1.3.14-1. Compilation of insight goes well and the application works fine.

What's wrong with cygwin 1.3.18-1?

Best regards,
Joerg

* Re: insight crashed under cygwin]
@ 2003-02-05 16:52 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-02-05 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Borracini Evandro-R45188; +Cc: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

Jonathan Larmour posted a patch to newlib which fixed the problem eCos
people were having building arm-ecos-elf-gdb.

We're waiting for approval or some alternate fix in the newlib library.
Once that happens, a cygwin-1.3.20 will appear shortly with the fix.

@ 2003-02-05 16:11 marco
From: marco @ 2003-02-05 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

>If I run the application "arm-ecos-elf-gdb.exe" it crashed and I got a
Windows containing an error message like this:
>The application cannot be initialised (0xc0000022). Press "OK" to stop
the application".

I recall that looking in the old posts I found the  solution for this (I
used cygwin1.3.18-1).

Fix the DLL rights in case the "The application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000022)" dialog pop
up (this is due to the rights assigned by cygwin to DLLs. Basically
windows is unable to load these
DLLs).
cd /your_cross_development_tools_directory/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin
chmod +x *.dll

Hope it helps.

Regards
Marco