public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* AW: Insight Debugger
@ 2003-04-02 17:06 Jiang, Zheng-Yu
From: Jiang, Zheng-Yu @ 2003-04-02 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: gdb, insight

Hello,
I have a problem in running an executable on TriCore Board TC1775B. The
error message
was: Bus Error on Data Store Operation.

Infineon TriCore requirs the writting executable fron (Win2000) PC to Board
always
in 32 bits. Otherwise, it will get problem in data access. Has Insight
Debugger such
option or command to do loading code in this way?

Regards,
Zhengyu Jiang

Research and Development
EAOL
Letterbox 1687
Volkswagen AG
D-38436 Wolfsburg

Tel.:	+49 - 5361 - 9 - 44313
Fax:	+49 - 5361 - 9 - 44106
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-04-02 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiang, Zheng-Yu; +Cc: Keith Seitz, gdb, insight

You may want to contact whoever you got this GDB port from.  The
TriCore is not supported in the normal FSF GDB distribution.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Insight debugger
@ 2007-08-17 12:32 Geert Vancompernolle
From: Geert Vancompernolle @ 2007-08-17 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi guys,

Just to say nice work done with the Insight debugger.   Compiled and
installed it this morning for an embedded target (FoxBoard, running an
Axis 100LX chipset) and so far everything works very, very well!

Keep up the good work!

--
Best rgds,

Geert Vancompernolle
Belgium

* Re: Insight Debugger
@ 2003-04-02 15:14 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-04-02 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiang, Zheng-Yu; +Cc: insight

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 03:52, Jiang, Zheng-Yu wrote:

> I use Insight Debugger to load executable *.elf on Infenion TriCore Board
> TC1775B together with GNU Compiler.
> Would you support to write any load scripts for such activity?

I suspect not, but it really is up to GDB. If there is a way to expose
such a thing in GDB, then Insight can easily be made to take advantage
of it.

What gdb target are you using ("remote", "extended-remote", something
else?)

You would probably do better to contact the gdb mailing list
(gdb@sources.redhat.com) and ask over there, since there are a lot more
people that read that group than this one.

Keith

* Insight Debugger
@ 2003-04-02 11:52 Jiang, Zheng-Yu
From: Jiang, Zheng-Yu @ 2003-04-02 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Dear Insight Debbuger Developers:
I use Insight Debugger to load executable *.elf on Infenion TriCore Board
TC1775B together with GNU Compiler.
Would you support to write any load scripts for such activity?
Thanks,
Best Regards,