public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Cascade menus
@ 2003-07-25 15:52 David Mc Kenna
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2003-07-25 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz, mckennad, insight

Hi Keith,

I think it should be possible also but here is the problem:

The below code adds a "Timer Control" option under the PLUGINS menu. It successfully
launches a Test window with a list of memory addresses displayed.

  $Menu add command Other "TIMER Control" \
    {ManagedWin::open TIMER} \
    -underline 0

My problem is that my chip, an ARM7TDMi has several different timers and I would
like to have them all grouped together as in Register->Format. So I tried

	$Menu add menu Menu.hello memem 0

  $Menu.hello add command Other "TIMER Control" \
    {ManagedWin::open TIMER} \
    -underline 0

and

	$Menu add cascade Menu.hello memem 0

  $Menu.hello add command Other "TIMER Control" \
    {ManagedWin::open TIMER} \
    -underline 0

but what happens is that the plugin menu disappears altogether.

Any Thoughts,?

Thanks,
Dave

--
http://www.iol.ie

* Re: Cascade menus
@ 2003-07-25 16:14 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2003-07-25 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:52:53 +0100
"David Mc Kenna" <mckennad@esatclear.ie> wrote:

> My problem is that my chip, an ARM7TDMi has several different timers and I would
> like to have them all grouped together as in Register->Format. So I tried
>
> 	$Menu add menu Menu.hello memem 0
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^
Shouldn't that read:
   $Menu add menu $Menu.hello memem 0

>   $Menu.hello add command Other "TIMER Control" \
>     {ManagedWin::open TIMER} \
>     -underline 0
>
> and
>
> 	$Menu add cascade Menu.hello memem 0
                          ^^^^^^^^^^
And this read:
       $Menu add cascade $Menu.hello memem 0

Ian.

>   $Menu.hello add command Other "TIMER Control" \
>     {ManagedWin::open TIMER} \
>     -underline 0
>
> but what happens is that the plugin menu disappears altogether.
>
> Any Thoughts,?

* Re: Cascade menus
@ 2003-07-25 14:10 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-07-25 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mckennad; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 05:31, David Mc Kenna wrote:
> Is it possible to add a cascade menu, such as seen in Register->Format in the
> register window to, for example the Control Menu in the main window?

It should be possible, of course. All of the menus are standard Tk
menus, so any of them should be able to take any of the standard menu
types (radios, checks, cascades, etc).

Somehow I suspect you were not looking for a yes/no answer. :-)
Keith

* Cascade menus
@ 2003-07-25 12:31 David Mc Kenna
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2003-07-25 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi all,

Is it possible to add a cascade menu, such as seen in Register->Format in the
register window to, for example the Control Menu in the main window?

Thanks,
Dave Mc Kenna

--
http://www.iol.ie