public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Problem building snapshot sing 20030610 on cygwin
@ 2003-08-01 11:11 David Mc Kenna
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2003-08-01 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi Folks,

Has anybody come up with a solution to this problem?

configure: error: source directory already configured; run make distclean there
first
configure: error: /usr/local/src/gnu/insight+dejagnu-5.3.90_20030731/dejagnu/example/calc/configure
failed for example/calc
make: *** [configure-dejagnu] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gnu/build/insight'

I can build the following snapshot but all snapshots since fail.

insight+dejagnu-5.3.0.90_20030610

Thanks,
Dave
--
http://www.iol.ie

* Re: Problem building snapshot sing 20030610 on cygwin
@ 2003-08-01 13:04 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-08-01 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mckennad; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 04:10, David Mc Kenna wrote:
> configure: error: source directory already configured; run make distclean there
> first
> configure: error: /usr/local/src/gnu/insight+dejagnu-5.3.90_20030731/dejagnu/example/calc/configure
> failed for example/calc
> make: *** [configure-dejagnu] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gnu/build/insight'

Yich. I wsa under the impression that this was freakin' fixed. From
src/MAINTAINERS:

dejagnu/
        Send all patches to:
        http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/
        mail:bug-dejagnu@gnu.org
        For changes to the local repostory, send them to
        gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com when generic; and sid@,
        binutils@, gcc@, etc. for sub-components.

I guess try pinging the gdb list? It's not really clear who should get
build problems. [The problem with dejagnu is that we just have a copy of
it in our repository. Someone here must be maintaining it. I suspect
that someone on the gdb list will know to whom to submit questions
and/or problems.]

Keith

* Re: Problem building snapshot sing 20030610 on cygwin
@ 2003-08-01 14:34 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-08-01 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Ok.  I think it's time to officially rename this mailing list to
"insight - The I Can't Build Insight on Cygwin - Can Somebody Help???"
mailing list.

cgf

@ 2003-08-04 17:51 ` Mike Chandler
From: Mike Chandler @ 2003-08-04 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mckennad, insight

I'm trying to think back a few weeks ago when I last
built Insight.  I ran into the same problem you did
with the calc failure.  I did a change directory to
the calc directory and did a make distclean and got an
error about not being able to find some file, I don't
remember the exact name but it was something like
../../config.status??.  I copied that file from the
calc directory to ../../ and ran make again and it
worked.  Then I was able to go to my original build
directory and run make and make install.  Sorry I
can't be more clear about the name of the file.
Hopefully that will work for you.
--- David Mc Kenna <mckennad@esatclear.ie> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Has anybody come up with a solution to this problem?
>
> configure: error: source directory already
> configured; run make distclean there
> first
> configure: error:

/usr/local/src/gnu/insight+dejagnu-5.3.90_20030731/dejagnu/example/calc/configure
> failed for example/calc
> make: *** [configure-dejagnu] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/src/gnu/build/insight'
>

> I can build the following snapshot but all snapshots
> since fail.
>
> insight+dejagnu-5.3.0.90_20030610
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
> --
> http://www.iol.ie

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

* Re: Problem building snapshot sing 20030610 on cygwin
@ 2003-08-07 17:30   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-08-07 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: mckennad, insight

> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 04:10, David Mc Kenna wrote:
>
>> configure: error: source directory already configured; run make distclean there
>> first
>> configure: error: /usr/local/src/gnu/insight+dejagnu-5.3.90_20030731/dejagnu/example/calc/configure
>> failed for example/calc
>> make: *** [configure-dejagnu] Error 1
>> make: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gnu/build/insight'
>

> Yich. I wsa under the impression that this was freakin' fixed. From
> src/MAINTAINERS:
>
> dejagnu/
>         Send all patches to:
>         http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/
>         mail:bug-dejagnu@gnu.org
>         For changes to the local repostory, send them to
>         gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com when generic; and sid@,
>         binutils@, gcc@, etc. for sub-components.
>
> I guess try pinging the gdb list? It's not really clear who should get
> build problems. [The problem with dejagnu is that we just have a copy of
> it in our repository. Someone here must be maintaining it. I suspect
> that someone on the gdb list will know to whom to submit questions
> and/or problems.]

Someone needs to check the current upstream dejagnu sources to see if
its been fixed there.

Andrew