public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight for Windows
       [not found] <7ADD42555EE1BE4B9E70CC09462C9A33010F4F85@si-mail04.de.bosch.com>
@ 2003-11-07 18:25 ` Gottfried Frenzen
From: Gottfried Frenzen @ 2003-11-07 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello,

some months ago I could find an Insight for Windows in the Internet -
unfortunately I did not save the URL and now I cannot find it again. Now it
seems that only UNIX distributions are available for newer versions in teh
Internet Can you give me a hint for a wondows version?

Thanks a lot,
Gottfried

* Re: Insight for Windows
@ 2003-11-07 18:31   ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-11-07 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gottfried Frenzen; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 10:25, Gottfried Frenzen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some months ago I could find an Insight for Windows in the Internet -
> unfortunately I did not save the URL and now I cannot find it again. Now it
> seems that only UNIX distributions are available for newer versions in teh
> Internet Can you give me a hint for a wondows version?

For developing native "windows" apps, you need cygwin, which also comes
with gdb/Insight. Go to http://www.cygwin.com and install cygwin.
(Cygwin is a POSIX layer for Windows. Your applications aren't really
"native" windows apps, they're more like "native" cygwin apps. To omit
cygwin, you can install mingw from somewhere (sourceforge?) and use a
Cygwin version of Insight to debug, from what I understand.)

Keith

* RE: Insight for Windows
@ 2003-11-13 16:16     ` Paxton Sanders
From: Paxton Sanders @ 2003-11-13 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz', 'Gottfried Frenzen'; +Cc: insight

OT, but for those who care:

Use -mno-cygwin to omit the CygWin DLL dependencies.  Pure Win32 apps.  (I
build fully static FLTK apps all the time; no run-time dependencies other
than Windows...)

Of course, I use Insight to debug them.  There!  On topic!

-Paxton

@ 2001-08-31  7:49 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-08-31  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Pilkington; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Colin Pilkington wrote:

> Is there a Windows version of Insight?  I am hoping to use Insight along
> with Bloodshed's Dev-C++, but want to be able to run both Linux and Windows
> versions.  I am considering using it in an educational environment to teach
> C++, and would like to push the GNU GPL at the same time!

Yes, Insight can be used on ANY platform that GDB can which also supports
tcl/tk (so no dos).

Please be forewarned that there may be problems with gdb and Insight right
now due to the recent gcc-v3 ABI... :-(

Keith

* Insight for Windows
@ 2001-08-31  0:51 Colin Pilkington