public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* gdb/gdbtk not tagged with gdb_7_0-branch tag
@ 2010-02-02 17:39 Kevin Buettner
From: Kevin Buettner @ 2010-02-02 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I recently discovered that the insight specific sources in the gdb
directory, namely the gdb/gdbtk hierarchy was not tagged with the
gdb_7_0-branch branch tag.  The release tags are also missing.

I found that I was able to fetch sources that would build with this
branch by using "-D 2009-09-18" with the suitable cvs export command.
I suspect that several other dates would work as well.  I do know,
however, that using the CVS HEAD from this hierarchy will not work.
(That's what I tried first...)

Should I attempt to add the gdb_7_0-branch tag to the insight specific
sources?  Or would someone else prefer to do it instead?

Kevin

* Re: gdb/gdbtk not tagged with gdb_7_0-branch tag
@ 2010-02-02 21:06 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2010-02-02 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Buettner; +Cc: insight

On 02/02/2010 05:56 AM, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> Should I attempt to add the gdb_7_0-branch tag to the insight specific
> sources?  Or would someone else prefer to do it instead?

Yeah, I'm still sitting on a few changes for 7.0, err, I mean 7.1, and
with all the end-of-year flurry of activity, I haven't actually gotten
around to doing any release-related work yet.

So, yes, you may tag the sources. [Don't forget gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk.]

Keith

* Re: gdb/gdbtk not tagged with gdb_7_0-branch tag
@ 2010-02-21 17:48   ` Kevin Buettner
From: Kevin Buettner @ 2010-02-21 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:39:42 -0800
Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:

> So, yes, you may tag the sources. [Don't forget gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk.]

I've created the branch tag, gdb_7_0-branch, in the following locations:

    gdb/gdbtk
    gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk
    tcl
    tk
    itcl
    libgui

I did not create a (non-branch) gdb_7_0_branchpoint tag, though I can
still do this if desired.  I doubt that there will be enough changes
put onto the insight portion of the branch for anyone to care...
Also, creation of the branchpoint tag for insight has been erratic
over the last several GDB releases.  If a branchpoint tag is created,
I recommend that it be given the name gdb_7_0-2009-09-16-branchpoint,
even though that date isn't quite accurate for the tagging that I
did.  (I used "-D 2009-09-18" to check out the sources that I tagged.
Insight often lags GDB on necessary fixes by a few days, so it seemed
prudent to use a slightly later date.)

I've done a test checkout of the insight sources using the gdb_7_0-branch
branch tag.  Insight builds and runs on my machine.  Looking at
Help->About GDB... shows the correct version number.  I've not done
any testing beyond making sure that the gui comes up when invoked.

Kevin