public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Command line arguments for insight
@ 2010-06-02  9:27 Tomas Martinec
From: Tomas Martinec @ 2010-06-02  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello,

I use the Insight debugger through the Visual studio IDE as an
external tool and I have some suggestions for Insight.

Every time I want to debug I have to choose the binary to be run and
the source files, which is pretty annoying (I have the binary and the
sources in different directories, so I need to specify the both
things). I was unsuccesfully trying to find some command line options,
which could be specified in the Visual studio and which would do this
automatically.

So I would like to have these options. It could be something like -D
for directory (and contained subdirectories) with sources and -b for
the debugee binary. It would be also nice to have these documented
with --help option or on the project web.

Best regards,
Tomas Martinec

* Re: Command line arguments for insight
@ 2010-06-02 10:01 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2010-06-02 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight; +Cc: Tomas Martinec