public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* RE: insight GUI not working![Problem Solved]
@ 2004-07-16 16:05 Bhagat, Vivek
From: Bhagat, Vivek @ 2004-07-16 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz'; +Cc: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'

Mr Seitz:

Thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it. I was able to solve my problem. Even though the solution was simple I was not aware of how exactly this XFree stuff works.
Actually, I was logging under my user name and all the X applications were working fine for me. But when I did su and changed users the X applications for this new user were not working.
The problem was that the X Server was some how started for the user who logged in the system (i.e. myself) so it won't allow any X application to run for users other than the one logged in. That's the reason insight was failing for other users on my Linux box. I logged myself out from the system and
logged in as other user for which insight was failing and its working fine, just the way I intended and even other X applications are working perfectly. So I guess my X Server is installed correctly it's just that I was not aware of this issue since I am a newbie when it comes to Linux and specially
XFree.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards,
Vivek