public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Current Status of Insight:Does any body think of recreate the GUI using wxWidgets
@ 2005-05-18  2:55 Wind Li
From: Wind Li @ 2005-05-18  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,
  Does any body think of creating the GUI using wxWidgets? It's sure
we will get a better GUI and performance with it. And with the
scintilla integrated in wxWidgets we can get a better source viewer.
As you may know, anjuta is using scintilla as the source editer. You
can get anjuta at http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/
-Wind

* Re: Current Status of Insight:Does any body think of recreate the GUI using wxWidgets
@ 2005-05-18 14:23 ` Nickolay Kolchin
From: Nickolay Kolchin @ 2005-05-18 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wind Li; +Cc: insight

Yes. I'm thinking about it. Python can be used instead TCL as
extension language.

@ 2005-05-22 12:11   ` Gilles J. Seguin
From: Gilles J. Seguin @ 2005-05-22 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 10:21, Nickolay Kolchin wrote:
> Yes. I'm thinking about it. Python can be used instead TCL as
> extension language.

do you means python/TK, which will make an easier step
or python/wxWidgets

@ 2005-05-22 13:15     ` Nickolay Kolchin
From: Nickolay Kolchin @ 2005-05-22 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles J. Seguin; +Cc: insight

wxPython. Actually GUI is an easy part. The hard part is fixing GDB/MI
interface.