public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* insight and cygwin build problems
@ 1999-08-15 18:27 Stuart Adams
From: Stuart Adams @ 1999-08-15 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I too am having trouble building insight under cygwin 20.1

When linking the bfd library libtool attempts to
use the Microsoft Linker "lib" to create the library and
fails to find "lib":

So I add the MSVC binaries to my path it gets to the
point of attempting to link gdb.exe and fails with:

> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../bfd/libbfd.a', needed by `gdb.exe'.  Stop.
> make: *** [all-gdb] Error 2

bfd/.libs contains:

 libbfd.la   libbfd.lai  libbfd.lib

but there is no libbfd.a anywhere. So I create symbolic links
from where libbfd.a and libopcodes.a are supposed to be to
libbfd.lib and libopcodes.lib.

gdb.exe links but when I run it, it just returns.

-- Stuart

Stuart Adams
Bright Star Engineering Inc.
19 Enfield Drive
Andover MA 01810 USA
Tel: +1-978-470-8738
Fax: +1-978-470-8878
Email: sja@brightstareng.com
Web: http://www.brightstareng.com/

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-08-15 18:27 UTC | newest]